Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, August 9, 2010

Menu Plan Monday August 9 - 15

I'm back! Well, sort of. The summer kind of got away from me! I'm still wading through boxes and trying to turn our house into a home (ok, ok  I have taken a few short breaks to enjoy the new pool and have a little second honeymoon in Florida but I have more stuff to go through than the average Walmart! A situation I'm not proud of but am definitely working on : ) ) .  Amidst all of the chaos I've got to create a little bit of order! I think getting back to meal planning is a good start.  Our new house is a lot bigger but, unfortunately our pantry is much, much smaller. Therefore, I am working to plan meals that use up our vast stores of bulk shopping so everything will fit in the storage space I have! Here goes!

Monday:

Crockpot roast beef with potatoes, peas and carrots
Homemade bread

Tuesday:

BLT salad - I harvested some green tomatoes from my garden (yes! This house came with a vegetable garden!) and I'm going to dredge them in cornmeal and fry them,  serve them on top of crisp, cold lettuce and top with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. I'll let the kids decide what they want to dress it with: Balsamic, ranch or bleu cheese dressing.

Wednesday:

Make-them-yourself beef tacos - we always set everything up as a buffet so everyone can make their taco their way.

Thursday:

Chicken pot pie - my favorite way to use up leftover vegetables!

Friday: Family Fun Night!

I think we'll watch Diary of a Wimpy Kid and I'm making homemade Chicago deep dish style pizzas and root beer floats.

Saturday:

Giant sub sandwiches and chips

Sunday:

Summer spaghetti - Toss cooked spaghetti noodles with mozzarella cheese pearls, chopped fresh tomato, fresh torn basil with sea salt and olive oil. Serve it warm, room temp or cold. It's super yummy and refreshing and doesn't heat up the kitchen!

Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. I love BLT salad. A delicious week you have ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No meat with the Summer spaghetti? I like the idea of that dish. Keep! Have a great week. Thanks for sharing your menu.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!