Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Friday Already?

What happened? Where did my week go? I miss one week and it's just a downhill slide from there. I think I've hit the proverbial wall that all who run marathons (ok, I don't "run" in the traditional sense, but seven kids do keep me moving in all sorts of other ways!). I go through this phase a couple of times a year where I'm just so tired of cooking and thinking of things to cook that all I want to do is eat out or basically eat anything that I don't have to make or clean up after. I think it's spring fever left over from when I was a kid. This time of year is when all kids get a serious case of short-timers...I guess I still haven't out-grown it! Anyway, as my grandmother used to always say, "This too shall pass". I'll be back in the mommy swing of things again soon. In the mean time, I have thoroughly enjoyed myself! We celebrated the end of the first round of my diet with a midnight pancake run to IHOP, we celebrated Mother's Day with an amazing Mexican food brunch at Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen, we tried out another of Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives finds: Hullabaloo in College Station (we try every place he visits in our area...he can sure pick 'em!) and supped on our favorite (and cheap!) local pork BBQ at Dickie's. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...we went to Movie Tavern today and had lunch and a movie (Furry Vengeance and mini Mediteranean sandwiches with artichokes, roasted peppers and aoli on toasted sourdough...yummy!)
Well, it's back to schedules and structure next week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are the best wife a guy could ever hope to have!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!