Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday June 7 - 14


Wow! Things are starting to happen fast! It looks like we're closing on a new house in the next couple of weeks and I have a million things to do...and a million things to pack! Fortunately, the house is less than five miles from our current abode and I have lots of helpers. In the midst of all of  the chaos and excitement that comes with a move it's nice to know I have my meals planned! Otherwise, we probably would  be eating sandwiches or takeout every night. It's bad enough I've packed the dishes already so we're eating off of styrofoam plates and cups...on the floor. I got carried away and took apart the dining room table...whoops! So here's my plan....


Monday: Breakfast - yogurt, fruit and granola parfaits
Dinner - Meatball Monday! Meatball pizza ring (Check out my Chicken ranch ring and substitute meatballs, pizza sauce, cheese and black olives)

Tuesday: Breakfast - Grilled peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches
Dinner - Pineapple glazed ham steaks, hash brown casserole, green beans

Wednesday: Wacky Wednesday! - (Like our normal life isn't wacky enough)                
Breakfast - Hotdogs,  baked beans, chips
Dinner  - French toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit

Thursday: Breakfast - Breakfast nachos - Tortilla chips topped with scrambled eggs, crumbled sausage, sauteed onion and  bell peppers, diced tomato and avocado,  cheese and sour cream. Click the link for an "official"-type recipe...I'm just winging it.
Dinner - Baked tortellini and cheese (like mac and cheese only with cheese tortellini), garden salad

Friday: Breakfast - Blueberry Buckle
Dinner - Family Fun night! Pizza, Purple Cows

Saturday: Breakfast - Bagel bar - Bagel with a choice of toppings cream cheese in various flavors, jam, smoked salmon, strawberries, etc...
Dinner - Grilled turkey and cheese and creamy garlic potato soup

Sunday: Breakfast - Donuts and kolaches on the way to church
Dinner - Grilled Kabobs - beef, zucchini, grape tomatoes with a dijon marinade, broccoli cheese rice

Find more menu ideas at I'm an Organizing Junkie...Laura's got a great blog!

Happy eating and have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the idea of breakfast nachos... how fun! Will definitely be putting that on my "must try" list. And that tortellini dish? That would be RIGHT up my hubby's alley... sounds decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new house. I bet the kids love eating on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I remember the moving days of paper plates and quick meals. :) Sounds like you're well prepared! Many of your meals sound like things my family would really like. (BTW, the link for the pizza ring gave me an error message.)

    I'm cleaning out my freezer/pantry this week, so I have all tried and true favorites on my menu plan.  Stop by and take a peek!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for pointing out my faulty link! I've fixed it...still learning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new house! And Sunday's dinner sounds GREAT! :) Now following you too! I look forward to more great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you from MBC,
    Tracy
    http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from Mom Blogger Club. I would love a return follow! Can't wait to read more. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Visiting from MBC. Love your blog.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is quite a menu! Thanks for following me at http://www.familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com
    I'm now following you & I've gotcha' back!

    Tina "The Book Lady"
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Family-Literacy-You/123496677688261
    TW: http://www.twitter.com/familyliteracy

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!