Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, December 13, 2010

It's beginning to look ALOT like I own a Christmas store!

Our Great Room Tree otherwise known as the Memory Tree- 12 feet tall and filled with every ornament our children have ever made as well as hand-me-downs and keepsakes from our mothers.
We've just returned from a wonderful trip to Washington D.C.. Lots of Irish dancing, friends and excitement! We braved a snow storm to get home and now I've got to get busy! Let me just be real honest when I say I get a little carried away at Christmas. I am very careful that the meaning of Christmas is not lost in our home....it screams Happy Birthday Jesus!! I am nearing Clark Griswold proportions only on the inside of my house....at last count we had nine Christmas trees (I know, I'm trying to figure out where to put the other 5 : ) )and an obscene amount of nutcrackers strewn about.  I'm building a Santa to sit on my porch next!
I hope your Christmas season is full of family, friends, love, sharing and joy.

6 For to us a child is born,
   to us a son is given,
   and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
   there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
   and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
   with justice and righteousness
   from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty
   will accomplish this.

 Isaiah 9:6-7 NIV

...and I hope He likes Christmas trees!!!
Miles of Stiles

This is our Game Room Tree.  






The Kitchen Tree - Counter space? I don't need no stinking counter space!                              
 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!