Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, November 15, 2010

Spring Cleaning...a little early

The day I have been loathing, dreading and generally avoiding is almost here. The day I have been working toward my whole life (a lifetime of collected...for lack of a better word...crap) is coming this Saturday. I am having a garage sale. I am amazed by the amount of useless or unnecessary stuff I have been lugging around from house to house for the last 15 years! Now that we have finally settled into our own home after all those years of renting, I can avoid the task no longer! I have to open every box and face the fact that I have pack-rat tendencies...hoarder potential!! I decided I need help. Through self-imposed, intense therapy that mostly involved watching multiple episodes of "Clean House" for inspiration, I have decided to cut through the foolishness and mayhem.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting Neicy Nash to ring my doorbell any time soon, I just want to lighten my load and get organized.  Making a few bucks in the process certainly wouldn't hurt either. So, wish me luck on a successful sale and a lot of extra room in our house!
I've got to stay motivated while I'm getting ready and good food is just what I'll need (with liberal doses of chocolate, of course)! Here's my plan....

Monday:
Crockpot spaghetti with meat sauce
Green beans
Garlic bread

Tuesday:
BBQ chicken stuffed baked sweet potatoes
Corn bread (do double duty - bake some extra for Thanksgiving dressing)

Wednesday:
Creamy onion gravy smothered pork chops (in the crockpot)
Garlic mashed potatoes
Peas

Thursday:
Chicken divan - held over from last week

Friday:
Family Fun Night - My daughter is coming home from college for the holidays so we'll probably go out to dinner to celebrate!!

Saturday:
Meatloaf - not just any meat loaf - my husband's favorite mixed with bleu cheese and wrapped in bacon and brushed with our family's secret recipe BBQ sauce.
Mashed potatoes (again!)
Glazed carrots

Sunday:
Cajun chicken pasta
Vegetable medley - that's the restaurant term for "I don't know what vegetables we're having but we are indeed having vegetables".

Find a jillion great ideas for dinner at www.orgjunkie.com. Try menu planning for the holiday season...dinner will be one less thing to stress about during this hectic time...it's like an early gift to yourself!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much junk we collect through the years. My garage is full of boxes from the last move. At this point it could probably be tossed without missing much. Congratulations on going through everything and good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!