Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Menu Plan Monday January 23 - 29



I don't know why, but when I'm starving on a diet I am the most creative in the kitchen. I watch cooking shows non-stop...it's like my eyes are cheating on my stomach...and I become super-inspired! My super new recipe that I am in love with is a stuffed jalapeno recipe I saw Sunny Anderson make on Food Network. I personally don't eat stuffed jalapenos, although 5 of my 7 children do, but it's the stuffing that I am in love with. It is made with chorizo, smoked gouda, cream cheese, sour cream, red onion and hot sauce. I had some left over after making the peppers and used it to stuff a thick pork chop. After that, there was still some left so I mixed it with scrambled eggs and rolled it in a tortilla for breakfast burritos the next morning (7 out of 7 children liked these!). That's a lot of yummy bang for my buck!


This week we are having....

Sunday:
Breakfast - lemon ricotta pancakes and sausage
Dinner - Cranberry, almond and goat cheese stuffed pork chops, honey mustard glazed apples and butternut squash and mashed potatoes

Monday:
Breakfast - chorizo, gouda and egg breakfast burritos
Dinner - Stuffed taco burger sandwiches - hollow out individual buns or rolls, saving the plug of bread from the top. Cook crumbled ground beef with minced onion and garlic. Add 4 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup salsa ranch dressing, 1/2 cup sour cream, sliced olives, 1 diced tomato and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and stir until all cheeses are melted. Stuff into rolls and replace top of bread. Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve warm. YUM!! A great on the go dinner which we are most of the time!

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Malt o Meal with bananas and chocolate chips
Dinner - Asian peach chicken with stir fried noodles and vegetables


Wednesday:
Breakfast - Blueberry waffles
Dinner - Creamy chicken and wild rice soup and homemade bread



Thursday:
Breakfast - Ham, cheese and egg breakfast sandwiches
Dinner - American chop suey - macaroni noodles mixed with tomatoes, cheese and ground beef; green beans

Friday -
Breakfast - Chick Fil A (hey, my kids work there...gotta show some love...)
Dinner - Family Fun Night!! Nanny McPhee Returns and pizza, boneless wings and purple cows

Saturday -
Breakfast - Cheese omelets
Dinner - Boys are having a friend spend the night so we'll have stuffed cheese burger with a topping bar, fries and tots, root beer floats and homemade ice cream sandwiches (we will have a couple kinds of cookies, a couple kinds of ice cream and some sprinkles, mini m&m's, chopped nut, etc...to roll the sides in.

Happy eating!
Check out hundreds, maybe thousands, more recipe and meal ideas at www.orgjunkie.com!

1 comment:

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!