Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, February 1, 2010

The 14 Days of Valentine's


On the first day of Valentine's my true love gave to me (everybody sing!)....a chocolate heart in a mailbox!
Think twelve days of Christmas only on a much smaller scale. The children woke up this morning to find that Cupid had installed a postal center on our kitchen bar. For the fourteen days leading up to Valentine's Day, they will receive a little treat, note or token reminding them of how much they are loved. Hopefully, no swimming swans or leaping lords will fit...however, at the rate we drink milk a couple of those maids a-milking might be nice!

On a more amazing note, I completed the month of January spending only $348.00 on groceries. I am stunned. Normally we spend between $800 and $1000 (sheerly out of poor planning or lack of planning all together). I saved over half of what I normally spend! WOW! I am planning to "Fill my Freezer" this month and hope to spend only about $200 to do so. After, I am planning to continue careful menu planning, couponing, etc... to maintain a weekly budget of $100 - $125. More to follow....

Have an amazing week!

Isaiah 40:11
"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!