Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rain, rain and more rain

This was one wet, cold, fun week! We started out as we always do with Irish dancing lessons but had added excitement when part of the ceiling collapsed under the weight of the rain-soaked tiles. This thrilled the boys. Of course, my youngest thought we were having a hurricane (having been through a major hurricane only a year ago, this is reasonable for a four year old to think). A horrible storm brought us some amazingly cold weather....I have lived in Houston my whole life and can't stand the heat...when it's freezing, I'm happiest. If I didn't have my entire family here, I would have moved to Antarctica a long time ago. As a matter of fact, I have just opened all of the windows so I could comfortably start a fire in the fireplace!
Next, we had three dental appointments in one day for one child. Who knew replacing a filling when you have braces would be such an undertaking! Thank goodness for Dad and his love of driving! Wednesday was the pinnacle of our week with a trip to Brenham for roller skating with our homeschooling friends. What a hoot...several of our kids had never skated before but they just went for it. It was amazing to watch them. Between the ages of about 5 until 14, I was on wheels more than I was on my own feet. Even after I ate the floor on a Friday night roller rink outing when I was twelve and broke my two front teeth, I still couldn't quit skating. Well, let me tell you....the floor is a lot further down than it used to be (and a lot harder, too)! I had my reservations about skating; I broke my arm and suffered severe nerve damage in my knee this past summer; but I just couldn't resist. I had so much fun. I am very rusty but I did find out that I have, indeed, regained much of the feeling I had lost in my injured knee!
We rounded out our week with more dance lessons, more rain, working on our community service project, more rain, a sleepover at Grandma's, Mexican food and sore throats! Now it's that lovely quiet time on Saturday evening where everyone has full tummies, has just been bathed and is a little sleepy. Night is falling and everyone is actually getting along. Time for a snuggle and a story...we're reading The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis, and just be thankful for all God has provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!