Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5 - National Chocolate Fondue Day

It just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? In honor of this great day, we are having caramel and chocolate fondues to accompany our usual family fun night fare of pizza.
On a darker note, I went on my weekly grocery shopping trip and spent....$178.00! I am soooo ashamed of myself but we are just so hungry! We have eaten our freezer down to nothing so we had to stock up a little on meat. We would have, however, been a little more on track if not for one thing....my husband! I now know why my mother would stare at me through little slitted eyes when I would talk my dad into joining us on our shopping trips when I was a kid. Daddy would fill the cart with all kinds of contraban: cookies, chips, beef jerky, etc...all of the yummy things we lusted after but my mother was sensible enough not to buy. Now, I'm getting paid back. When I go shopping I am armed with a very carefully made list, a near-photographic recall of all current prices for every item in three near-by stores, coupons and a strict self-imposed budget. But when accompanied by my husband, all kinds of things I don't remember needing come parading down the conveyor belt. Some interesting examples include very large containers of sour cream (because we just can't have enough of that), various hot sauces with "cool" names like "Slap ya Mama sauce", chips (which I just try to steer clear of as a general rule), dips and all varieties of canned meats ( can you say Squirrels, Possums and Mice*?). I have resigned myself to enjoy these shopping trips and the unique recipes (think Iron Chef) I am forced to create with the surprise ingredients we aquire. Gotta go...I need to go find a coupon for kimchee....

*Just kidding...we actually have been known to enjoy SPAM and believe it to be made of some type of domestic/barnyard animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!