Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Think I Made Stoup!





Rachael Ray is really cute and very energetic ( I console myself by reminding myself she doesn't have kids) but I find some of the abbreviations and nicknames she has come up with for some of her dishes really annoying...sammies, stoup, EVOO, delish and my kids favorite "chicken riggies". Yeah, that makes them roll and of course they have to say it as many times as possible simply to drive me crazy. Of course, she has created words that now appear in the dictionary so I guess my opinion is not one of the masses. Unfortunately, this eating from the pantry challenge has forced me to create a dish that can be described no other way than "STOUP"! Don't get me wrong, it was really good (tasted waaaayyyy better than it looked)but it was as Rachael would say, "thinner than a stew, heartier than a soup". So, here is my recipe for Cheesy Broccoli Rice Stoup (Thanks Rach!)
Cheesy Broccoli Rice Stoup
4 cups milk
4 cups chicken broth
2 packages Knorr Rice Sides Plus - Cheddar Rice with Broccoli and Carrots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Diced ham or smoked sausage - I used Chapel Hill Garlic Smoked Sausage

Crock Pot Direction: Add all ingredients except cheese to crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours. Before serving add cheese and stir to melt. Serves 9 (of course!)

Stove top directions: Do everything the same as crock pot directions just don't cook for six hours! Seriously, Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes or until soup has thicken up and rice is done. Remove from heat and add cheese.

My daughter made the most amazing Honey White Bread to accompany it. YUM-O! (Sorry I couldn't resist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!