Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday Week 4

We had a couple of amendments to last week's menu. Saturday ended up being a leftover night so we bumped steaks and taters to Sunday night. Yah!! I didn't feel like making the pork chops so now I can put it off another week or so.
Our shopping trip went well and would have been under budget (I spent $109.00)except for the fact that I purchased food items for a homeschool related lesson. We are reading The lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis and are going to have "Tea with Mr. Tumnus". I don't know if it's more for my enjoyment or for the kids but I really have fun trying to bring books to life by visiting places or eating food out of the stories. Thus, we are having a"nice brown boiled egg...sardines on toast, and then buttered toast, and then toast with honey, and then a sugar-topped cake." and hot tea. Fun, huh? I am not going to dress as a faun, though. So, my fun cost me an extra $9.00. I could call it an educational expense.
Anyway, here is our menu for this week...

Monday: BBQ brisket, potato salad and beans
Tuesday: Cajun chicken pasta, black eyed peas
Wednesday: Broccoli cheddar rice soup(I'm going to try to make this out of Knorr rice side dish), bread
Thursday:Taco Salad, grapefruit grenata
Friday: Family Fun Night!! Movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. We will be serving some meatball-related food.
Saturday: Frito Pie
Sunday: Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops, veggies and cranberry sauce

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so happy to have you at the table! Thanks for stopping by and come back often!